To assist in the direct delivery of high quality services targeted at young people in the Fegg Hayes, Chell, Chell Heath and surrounding areas of Stoke-on-Trent. The project aims to provide young people with opportunities to engage in positive activities, awareness raising through informal education and reducing anti-social behaviour within the community by providing a safe environment for young people to attend.
This position is funded by Henry Smith.
- To assist in the delivery and development of CAFAG’s Youth Project and services in close collaboration with other members of staff and in particular the Youth Worker.
- To support the Youth Worker with young people’s involvement in the plannng and delivery of youth work and projects that meet their needs.
- To help develop and run 3 weekly youth work sessions for 14-19, 11-19 and 11-14 year olds.
- To develop and maintain positive relatonships with young people, by using the art of converstaion and encouraging participation and involvement in the planned programme of activities.
- To support the organisation and delivery of an annual residential and day trips for the young people.
- To provide information, advice and guidance to young people in relation to issues that are pertinent to them such as health, education and employment.
- To contribute with other youth work staff to the pre-brief and de-brief of each session.
- Build and develop strong partnerships and links with schools, community and voluntary groups, key stakeholders and other relevant stakeholders.
- To work with the Youth Worker and other staff members to organise publicity and promotion of the project.
- To assist the Youth Worker to monitor and evaluate the progress of the project.
- To represent CAFAG’s Youth Work project to parents/carers and other professionals.
- Attending Centre related meetings as required and contributing ideas where appropriate.
- To participate in training, staff development and any training required by the position, or specified by the Youth Worker or Centre Manager.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Youth Worker or Centre Manager.