To assist with and carry out basic repair and maintenance of CAFAG’s base, the Whitfield Valley Centre. We are looking for someone who has good communication skills, a pleasant manner, flexibility and reliability. The position is extremely varied and could see you painting a wall one day and repairing a tap the next.
- To perform basic repairs and maintenance to the Centre such as minor plumbing and carpentry, changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order, tending to broken equipment and other minor repairs.
- To provide maintenance to the interior and exterior of the Centre including painting, carpentry, clearing gutters, sweeping the footpaths around the Centre’s grounds, gardening and or new equipment/furniture installation.
- Being a resourceful and self-motivated individual.
- Participate in training and attend any courses that may be relevent to the position.
- Attend and contribute to volunteer meetings whenever possible.
- Be physically able and fit for example, be capable of working with machinery, moving furniture or equipment.
- To report any incidents or accidents that you have to CAFAG and follow the correct procedures for such a situation.
- To agree to a DBS Check being carried out on you.
- To adhere to the Volunteer Policies & Procedures including Health & Safety.
- To be able to work as part of a team and have good communication skills.
Other tasks as determined by volunteer, the Centre Manager and CAFAG Staff.