To assist Crèche staff with the direct delivery of high quality childcare targeted at the families of early years children and their siblings in Fegg Hayes, Chell, Chell Heath and the surrounding areas of Stoke-on-Trent.
The project aims to provide good quality child care for all early years’ children including those with special needs from birth onwards.
The project is funded by Children in Need.
- To assist in the delivery and development of CAFAG’s crèche working closely with other members of staff in particular the Crèche Supervisor.
- To support crèche staff with planning and providing age appropriate activities to aid the development of the children so that they reach goals and achievements as set out in the EYFS development matters.
- To help staff to develop and run 4 weekly crèche sessions for children from birth onwards.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with the children by using and understanding a communicative approach and encouraging participation in planned activities.
- To work with the Crèche Supervisor and staff members to organise publicity and the promotion of the Crèche.
- To assist the crèche staff with the setting up and packing away of the equipment needed to run each session.
- To represent CAFAG’s Crèche to parents/carers and other professionals.
- To attend Centre related meetings as required and contributing ideas where appropriate.
- To understand the need for confidentiality both in and out of the crèche.
- To participate in training, staff development and any training required by the position, or specified by the Crèche Supervisor or Centre Manager.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Crèche Supervisor or Centre Manager.